The Demos Spotlight AV1’s Royalty-Free, Ultra High Definition (UHD) Web Video Capabilities
Amsterdam – Sept. 10, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) today announced that it is leading a notable round of demo activities focusing on the AOMedia Video Codec (AV1) at the IBC Show 2019, Sept. 13-17, 2019, at RAI Amsterdam. AOMedia member companies will present AV1 demonstrations throughout the IBC2019 event.
To see and hear about the most current AV1 advances and coming innovations directly from AOMedia and its members, view the AOMedia IBC2019 map and demo list below. To set up a press or analyst briefing with an AOMedia spokesperson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AOMEDIA AV1 IBC2019 DEMOS AND EVENTS
- Booth 1.D71, Hall 1
- ATEME will be demonstrating advanced AV1 transcoding with an in-house AV1 transcoder and showcasing new HDR appealing video content.
AWS, Amazon Web Services
- Booth 5.C80, Hall 5
- AWS Elemental will show live AV1 technology demonstrations including adaptive bitrate encoding and VOD encoding of 720p30 @ 376Kbps across multiple content types. The demonstration illustrates the capabilities of the next-generation AV1 codec to improve video quality and reduce storage and distribution costs for both live and VOD applications.
- Booth E-12, Hall 14
- Bitmovin will demo its production-ready solution optimized over the reference software to deliver the highest quality VoD and live AV1 playback in Chrome and Firefox, with end-to-end support from encoding to play-out.
- YouTube Living Room Conference
- Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. at the RAI* (*Invite-only – room details will be shared with registered attendees)
- The YouTube Living Room Conference will be held at IBC this year, covering certification, product roadmaps, and future technical requirements including AV1. Please use this form to request joining our invite-only event or email email@example.com with questions.
- Google Booth- Hall 14, Booth E01
- YouTube will showcase AV1 launched at scale as part of the Google booth
- Google is hosting two partner presentations from AOMedia members:
- Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. at the Google Booth Theater
- AOMedia member Xilinx / NGcodec will talk about the business ROI of open codecs
- Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, from 12:30 p.m. at the Google Booth Theater
- AOMedia member Visionular will present on their commercial AV1 encoder Aurora
- Visual Cloud Conference – The RAI, Room E102 (Corridor right of Hall 10)
- Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, from 1:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Join industry thought leaders for dialogue around the future of streaming media and other visual cloud services. The conference includes a dedicated AV1 panel session, “Video will remain foundational to Visual Cloud – realizing the future of AV1.” This panel will feature leading AOMedia members and VOD providers discussing why the codec is key to the delivery of compelling visual experiences. This event is free to attend and open to all IBC attendees. Feel free to register using Intel’s Customer Code #6451 for free exhibition pass and access to the Visual Cloud Conference. RSVP using the event invitation here: http://bit.ly/InviteVisualCloudConference
- See the AV1 panel and entire Visual Cloud Conference live-streamed in 8K, 360 VR Video by downloading the ‘IBC 360 Live’ app here: Android, iOS, and Oculus Go.
- AV1 Partner Meetup – Hall 15, Meeting Room MS31
- Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- This event will provide attendees an opportunity to network with the AV1 community members and hear insights from some of the thought leaders in AV1. Cocktails and appetizers will be served.
- RSVP using the event invitation at http://bit.ly/InviteAV1PartnerMeetUp or request an invitation by email.
- Booth* (To request a demo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ittiam will be demonstrating to partners its Content Adaptive Encoding (CAE) with a significantly speeded-up version of the AV1 encoder.
- Hall 14, Booth E01 (Google Booth Theater)
- Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, at 2:30 p.m. at the Google Booth Theater
- NGCodec, a Xilinx company, will talk about the business ROI of open codecs
- Intel Meeting Room MS31, Hall 15
- Mozilla will demo live AV1 encoding and streaming into all major desktop web browsers.
- Booth 5.C34
- Socionext will demo its cloud-based AV1 real-time encoder and will provide the roadmap for its upcoming production.
- Hall 14, Booth E01 (Google Booth Theater)
- Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. at the Google Booth Theater
- Visionular will present on their commercial AV1 encoder Aurora
About the Alliance for Open Media
Launched in 2015, the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) was formed to define and develop media technologies to address marketplace demand for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. Board-level, Founding Members include Amazon, Apple, Arm, Cisco, Facebook, Google, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Mozilla, Netflix, NVIDIA and Samsung Electronics. AOMedia’s next-generation royalty-free video codec, AV1, is optimized for internet delivery and scalable to any modern device at any bandwidth. Visit www.aomedia.org or follow AOMedia on Twitter at @a4omedia.